TutorShip is the Institute's own distance learning programme. TutorShip provides not only the preparation necessary for ICS examinations but also gives students the opportunity to broaden their understanding of the industry and develop career potential.
TutorShip courses are written by leading practitioners in their field and updated annually.
You can enrol in TutorShip via the London Head Office or at your local Distance Learning Centre (DLC). DLCs, working on behalf of the Institute, use TutorShip material to provide tuition to students in their own locality. All our tutors, worldwide, are approved by the Institute's Head Office in London and they are specialists in their field.
Some DLCs also organise other training courses, revision events and seminars for students and members. Contact your local DLC or branch for more local information.
New for Tutorship Students only!
Academic Year Tutorial Series
Part of a series of free-to-attend online tutorials on fundamental shipping topics, this online event has been specially devised for International TutorShip students in support of their studies in preparing for the Institute's examinations. The tutorial will be led by a subject expert who is experienced with the Institute examination systems and delivered on the "Gototraining" platform. Links and joining instructions will be sent following registration.
Enrolment is open for the Institute's award-winning part-time distance learning programme.
Give your studies a lift and boost your chances at examination by 30% by undertaking Tutorship.*
Once enrolled in a TutorShip course you will receive:
- Personal tutor - your dedicated Institute tutor who is a subject expert to provide you with assignment feedback and guidance for success at examination.
- Course book - a comprehensive series of peer-reviewed books written by professionals in the shipping industry and drawing on the latest industry research.
- Tutorship Work-book - an invaluable companion to the course book and packed with useful resources including syllabus, tips and techniques, model answer, self-assessment questions, tutor-marked assignments and mock examination.
- Examination entry - included in the package price with over 100 exam centres offered worldwide.
You should take a TutorShip course if you are looking for;
- A highly flexible study option that fits around your work and home life
- A truly portable and international form of study that moves and works with you
- A structured, easy to follow format
- Personal support of industry experts
Once enrolled in a course you will receive;
- The latest TutorShip course book
- Allocated tutors, who will guide you through your studies and answer your questions.
- 10 assignments and a mock examination that are submitted to your course tutor for marking and feedback.
You can register for TutorShip directly online by logging in to your personal account at www.shipbrokers.org
TutorShip is a successful formula that will help you to pass your exams!
What can I say, TutorShip was fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone, good information, great teachers, good friends and great times.Angela Hunt - BHP Billiton Marketing BV